Super Bowl weekend is just around the corner, so I thought I would share an easy and delicious crowd pleaser from the newlywed cookbook [read the background story behind the cookbook series here]. It's by no means healthy, but it's OH SO GOOD!!! It's my aunt and uncle's famous Swiss Cheese Dip.
The 3 Step Swiss Cheese dip is great appetizer to serve at any party, because it tastes delicious and it's quick to make. You can literally pop into the oven 15 minutes before guests arrive!
3 STEP SWISS CHEESE DIP
- 8 oz of plain cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of Swiss cheese [shredded]
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise [I used Hellman's Vegan Mayo, since I can't eat raw egg]
- 3 green onions [chopped]
- 1/2 cup of toasted almond slivers
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl [leave a few toasted almond slivers to the side for garnish]
2. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes
3. Garnish with remaining toasted almond slivers
Dig in while hot with crackers!